|11° C||10° C||10° C|
|2° C||-3° C||-1° C|
It was the residence of the well-known Visconti Venosta family and it has a vast inner garden (20,000m2) which can be accessed through the wrought iron gate. The building has a main core section with a portico and loggia as well as two wings. The left wing is the most ancient part of the palace (17th century) and here we can find pictorial decorations inspired by oriental art (18th century).
It is possible to find noteworthy rooms in both the central part and the 19th century right wing, particularly a Renaissance-style hall. In this room, we find furniture, paintings, and 2 shutters. On one side the saints Paolo and Pietro and the four evangelists are painted in tempera while on the other, the saints Abbondio and Giovanni Battista, Christ carrying the cross, the saints Gerolamo and Antonio by Cipriano Valorsa (1597) and a wooden nativity carved by G.A. del Majno. After the marquee Margherita Pallavicino Mossi donated the palace to the municipality of Grosio in 1982, the building became a museum, hosting the local library and a local association.
The Museum will be closed during summer 2013 because of work in progress; the library and the park will be open
Civic Museum Villa Visconti Venosta
Via Visconti Venosta, 2 - Grosio
Tel: +39 0342 841228
Fax: +39 0342 841231