|9° C||10° C||10° C|
|-4° C||-3° C||-3° C|
The botanical-archaeological park of the “Paradise” is shaped by two hills the “Paradise” and the “Castellaccio”, which are located at the eastern boundaries of Chiavenna in a magnificent panoramic position, including the town and the adjacent area. As a matter of fact, already from the entrance to the “Ca’ Rossa”, the eyes are captured by some of the most interesting and varying panoramic sights over the historical centre, the complex of San Lorenzo and the area of the crotti of Pratogiano.
It is included in the largest protected area of the natural reserve “Marmitte dei Giganti”. It was founded in 1955 and today it belongs to the Museum of the Valchiavenna.
The two hills, which are separated from the deep split of the “Caurga”, are connected purely by means of ropes and can be accessed through a thick net of well equipped paths that makes it easier to visit and go up to the most elevated points.
There are numerous attractions that merit a visit here; in fact, on the two cliffs it is possible to find:
• Singular environmental features, with the special geo-morphological characteristics of the overhanging rocks, which have been smoothed, rounded off and dug by the glacial “esarazione” (with the presence of glacial basins or “marmitte”, channels of erosion, build up rocks);
• A variety of botanical flowers and plants, with some rare species and an exotic vegetation and with a botanical route;
• A variety of archaeological and historical rests: traces of the old wall and the fortress, artistic and architectural handmade articles in ollare stone, paving in “botòn” (turning rests of the ollare stone) and the Caurga;
• The Tower and its naturalistic section of the Museum of the Valchiavenna in which are presented geo-mineralogical and animalistic configurations illustrating the natural environment of the valley
Click here for more information about the Parco Paradiso and the Museum of Valchiavenna
Chiavenna Tourist Office
Tel. +39 0343 37485 - firstname.lastname@example.org